One of the best ways to ensure your teeth stay healthy and avoid the need for complex dental care is with regular hygiene appointments. Here's what an average appointment with our dental hygienist involves:
- A thorough clean from our friendly and attentive dental hygienists.
- Your gums will be checked, with a focus on plaque, calculus (hardened plaque or tartar) and the removal of surface staining.
- You'll then be checked for gingivitis or gum disease and screened for other diseases such as oral cancer.
- We also work with you to show you the most effective brushing and oral care routine.
- At your regular visit (6 - 12 month visits), the appointment is also combined with a dental exam which includes a complete check-up of your teeth and restorations, with the aim of identifying concerns before they evolve. X-rays may be required at this visit, but will be discussed with you beforehand.
If you have any further questions, please call (09) 413 5109 or click here to send an enquiry to our hygiene team.