YOUR LOCAL GREENHITHE HYGIENIST
An ounce of prevention is
worth a pound of cure
or call us on
One of the best ways to keep your teeth healthy and avoid complex dental care is with regular hygiene appointments. An appointment with our dental hygienist involves:
- Checking your gums, focusing on plaque and dental calculus (hardened plaque or tartar), and removing surface staining.
- A further check for gingivitis or gum disease, plus screening for other diseases such as oral cancer.
- A thorough clean from our gentle and attentive dental hygienists.
- We also discuss the most effective brushing and oral care routine for your teeth.
- For regular visits (3, 6 or 12-month routine cleans), the appointment is also combined with a dental exam, which includes a complete check-up of your teeth (and any restorations). This is important for identifying and discussing any concerns before they evolve into major treatment. X-rays may be required at this visit, but this will be discussed with you beforehand.