Frequently Asked Questions
At Greenhithe dentalcare, we endeavour to provide you will all the facts to dismiss the myths and help you to make an informed decision. Our Dental Team will discuss with you the clinical explanations as well as the benefits of your personalised Treatment plan.
Q: What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a brand name for an invisible aligner. It is the clinically proven, nearly invisible way to straighten teeth without metal braces. Invisalign is removable, clear braces made of clear plastic aligners and are worn day and night over the teeth to gradually move your teeth into the desired position. Each aligner is worn for about 2 weeks and is then replaced with the next in the series until your treatment is complete. At Greenhithe dentalcare, we show you a view of your virtual results and treatment plan before you start so you can see the progress of how straight your teeth will appear.
Q: What are the benefits of Invisalign for you?
Benefits of straighter teeth: The benefits of having a straight smile without crowding or gaps extend far beyond the cosmetic. Teeth that are crowded too close together or have gaps between them are often more susceptible to gum disease. They may also be difficult to brush or floss leading to tooth decay. Straightening your teeth can result in overall better dental health, and yes, the freedom to smile and flash those pearly whites without feeling self conscious is absolutely amazing!
Benefits of using Invisalign over traditional braces: There are several benefits when comparing traditional braces that comprise of brackets and wires, and Invisalign. Some of the benefits are
- Cosmetic benefits: Invisalign aligners are made of clear plastic material and are virtually unnoticeable, letting you straighten your teeth without anyone noticing. We even have staff members wearing Invisalign at work and haven’t been able to notice until they say they are wearing them!
- Oral health benefits: There are no wires or metal to cause mouth abrasions with Invisalign as compared to traditional braces, which is something we find patients really appreciate. Also, as Invisalign Clear Braces are removable you can eat, drink, brush and floss normally to maintain healthy gums and teeth. Being removable, they also make regular checkups at the dental office easier.
- More predictable treatment: With the ClickCheck software, you can actually view an estimate of what your smile will look like after treatment even before you begin! You can review the progress during your treatment and make adjustments mid treatment if required, giving you a high level of control over your Invisalign treatment.
Q: What is Invisalign made of?
Invisalign Clear braces are made of SmartTrack which is an elastic aligner material made of a medical grade polyurethane resin that is Bisphenol-A (BPA) free. This thermoplastic material looks similar to tooth-whitening trays. These are smooth to the touch without sharp edges to ensure you can avoid ulcers.
Q: How do Invisalign Invisible braces work?
A series of Invisalign invisible aligners are custom made in a laboratory using advanced computer imaging technology.
You wear each Invisalign aligner for two weeks before being replaced with the next one, until your teeth are straight.
We have helped many patients look great with the latest and best Invisalign technology. Now it's your turn! We have developed a simple 4 step Invisalign plan to help you on your journey:
- Step 1: Book in for your free consultation: Our Invisalign consultant will answer your Invisalign questions and showcase our previous work, to ensure you are well informed and confident about your choice.
- Step 2: Receive your Invisalign treatment plan: At your records appointment, our Invisalign dentists will take x-rays, photographs and digital impressions of your teeth to create a treatment plan for straightening your teeth.
- Step 3: Create your new smile: Our Platinum Elite team will then go to work at creating your new smile. The treatment plan along with the latest 3-D computer imaging technology is used in the laboratory to create a series of your clear aligners. The amount of clear aligners created (usually 15 to 30 aligners), depends on your specific circumstances.
- Step 4: Maintain and smile! About every 2-3 weeks, you will replace your existing clear removable braces with the next set in your series. About every 2-6 weeks, depending on your situation, you will visit our clinic to ensure your treatment is progressing properly. It typically takes 6 to 18 months to complete orthodontic treatment with Invisalign invisible braces.
Q: Why should I choose Greenhithe dentalcare for my invisalign treatment?
As an Invisalign Certified Provider, you can rest assured that your Invisalign treatment is in the safe hands of our experienced dental team. Combining that confidence with competitive and clear pricing, the latest technology in dentistry, a complimentary consultation for all your questions and even a free take home teeth whitening kit after treatment, Greenhithe dentalcare is your go-to destination for Invisalign Clear Braces.
Know more about what we can offer for your Invisalign Treatment by clicking here.
Q: How do I get started?
To get started simply ring (09) 818 8855 and our friendly team will arrange a consultation. After your initial
Invisalign evaluation with us we will discuss your goals for a new
smile. Our Doctor will plan your full Invisalign treatment, and take
your impressions and photographs. With advanced computer technology our
doctor can then show you a model of how you could look, before you start
your Invisalign treatment.
Q: Is Invisalign treatment only for adults?
No, for Invisalign treatment you just need to have all your adult / permanent teeth (fully erupted molars). However, you must be committed to wearing your Invisalign invisible aligners at all times except for eating, drinking and cleaning.
At Greenhithe dentalcare we see a range of different ages from young to older patients and we definitely encourage you to come in for a complimentary consultation if you are not sure you can get Invisalign.
Q: How long does Invisalign treatment take?
Depending on your Personal Treatment Plan designed by our team, most Invisalign treatments can take 12–18 months.
Q: How long do I have to wear Invisalign aligners?
Invisalign is most effective when aligners are worn for 21 to 23 hours a day for the best results. Every 2 weeks you change to a new aligner. At Greenhithe dentalcare we will ensure that you have all the information needed to the benefits of wearing your aligners for the length of time needed as advised by our dental team.
Q: Can I eat and drink with my Invisalign aligners?
Invisalign aligners are removable with ease so you can still enjoy your favourite foods snacks and drinks, without feeling uncomfortable. This also prevents the aligners from staining and damaging.
Q: Do the Invisalign aligners hurt?
You will only feel temporary pressure when you wear Invisalign aligners for the first few days as your teeth are being moved into their position, and after each new aligner is used but this discomfort usually disappears after a couple of days. There are no sharp edges like traditional braces, as Invisalign are made of a smooth coating, and the pressure itself is a satisfying way of knowing the Invisalign aligners are working to improve your smile.
Q: Are there any side effects using Invisalign invisible braces?
As with conventional treatments, you may feel a slight pressure at first when using Invisalign Clear Braces. Invisalign aligners may temporarily affect the speech for some people, and you may have a slight lisp for a day or two until your speech adjusts, but remember that the aligners are customized to fit your teeth so there are no loose areas where your mouth will feel like there is a foreign object in your mouth or feel uncomfortable like the traditional braces would,
At Greenhithe dentalcare, we provide the expertise of our Dental Team and the combination of our 3-D computer imaging technology and our Vinyl Impression System for Invisalign treatments to reduce any margins of error and make real-time adjustments, for when your aligners are made up.
Q: How much does Invisalign cost?
Since Greenhithe dentalcare is a certified provider and treats a high number of Invisalign cases per year, it results in a reduced cost for us to provide this treatment, and this saving is something we pass on to our patients! We can offer Invisalign from as little as $2000 (depending on individual cases). Since Invisalign falls under orthodontic treatment, these costs may qualify for Health Insurance reimbursement.
Naturally, we do provide a complimentary Invisalign Consultation to answer all your queries, and also a complimentary take-home teeth whitening kit at the end of your treatment!
We are confident in our ability to provide the best possible value for your treatment and are happy to beat any genuine written quote.
Q: Will dental insurance cover any of the costs of my Invisalign treatment?
Yes, providing you have orthodontic coverage (braces), Invisalign® should be covered to the same extent as conventional braces. Payment plans with a deposit can be arranged or approved applicants can have either 12 to 18 months interest free with no deposit or payment plans that can spread the costs over 2 to 4 years.